So, what to tell you all about this week? Hmmm...
First, BAPTISM! Michelle got baptized! She's been trying to figure out whether or not she wanted to get baptized for a year... Love me some mighty change of heart. She said she was tired of being angry and mean all the time. She was ready to really become like the Savior. VICTORY! She's really worked all this out on her own. She didn't want the missionaries to help, she almost wouldn't let her family help. And that's ok. This is her victory. Her big moment of change. This victory is hers and the Savior's all alone. As missionaries, we just filled in the details.
Second, I gave a talk in Spanish this week. Just me and the Spirit. I wrote it in Spanish, practiced it in Spanish, and gave it in Spanish. Lots of the native speakers said it was good and that I expressed myself well, and that my pronunciation is much better. Wahoo!... now that I've got it down, I'll probably get transferred... that's the way it works in the mission. As soon as you understand what you're doing, it's time for a change. Sigh.
Third, one of the returning members we've been teaching for ages came to church with her husband this week. VICTORY! for this battle anyway. Little Alyssa is still busting her chops so she can get baptized, she's 12. And though her dad doesn't really see the need for it, he is supporting her in her decision to follow the Savior. It's really cool to watch his heart soften as his little girl is growing and learning. Good stuff, man. This is what dreams are made of... Actually, I've had a lot of strange dreams lately. Alot of you all have been in them. One of them I was giving my home coming talk, but it was at a gym near a swimming pool. Wierd, eh? And another I was in Fallon again. Summer time always makes me think of growing up in Fallon. Dunno if I'll ever live there again (probably not), but it was a good place to grow up. Kids really need to grow up near a lot of dirt. Just sayin'.
Now some pictures:
Patricia, Fernanda, Celeste-- some flippin' sweet young women
Hermana Ana (mom), Michelle, Hermano Cabrales (dad)
Anapaula, Michelle's little sister. She's a cute kid, but oh-so-spoiled!
Hermana Anita Sandovall-- I love this little lady! She's a very, very good little mother hen. Unfortunately she's moving to Utah. Que triste. We sure need her...
Mormon Road. Hmm... wonder how that got there...
Queen Anne's Lace. I LOVE this stuff!
This is what the sky looks like without tornadoes. I like it better this way.
Oh, P.S. if you heard about tornadoes in Racine County this week, don't worry. We were all at the church for a Relief Society activity at the time, and that's in Kenosha County! Yea!
Love you, Like you, Think you're great.
Miss you.





