With Mr. Thoreau... well now... there I can't say I've passed my time so pleasantly. Usually I can laugh a little, and shake my head congenially, as I chat with Mr. Thoreau, but these last several days I find him to be, if I am to be wholly truthful, didactic and self-important. Honestly there have been several times where I find myself thinking, "Poo-poo-poo! Look who knows so much! Yes, yes. You're very smart. Now, shut up." Philosophical heresy. That's what that is.
I've been endeavoring to exercise daily. Because I'm bored to death of running around the neighborhood, I've been going on adventures to some of the local hiking and running trails. We live very near some rolling blonde hills pitted with oak groves, and further off in the opposite direction we've found some coastal trails complete with seals and ragged cliffs. Sandy and I chose the blonde hills today. We followed a trail which lead to the top of a ridge from which we could see the entire bay: from San Francisco all the way to San Jose. It was really, really lovely.
Perhaps tomorrow I'll invite Jane over for a visit. It's always pleasant to talk with a keen observer.
| Sunol Regional Wilderness-- pretty, ain't it? |