I made a little book for my friend, Nicole (formerly known as Sister Hogge). I started it while we were missionary buddies in Appleton (about a year ago), and it's taken me this long to finish. I lost interest part way through the project... not because I wasn't interested in the project, but because I lost interest in drawing again. Finishing the book served as a kind of art therapy-- I really needed to finish
something. It's nice to know I can still color.

One charming little book. It asked for glitter, I obliged.

Page 1: Antigo (pronounced `an-i-go. The accent on the first syllable, drop the "t", the i is short, as in "hit", and the o is long as in "go".) I wish I could say it for you the way the folks from Antigo say it... The words written in the sky are from the Hymn,
Now the Day is Over.

Page 2: Spring

Page 3: Dandelions. One of my favorite things about spring in Wisconsin were the fields of dandelions. They were
everywhere! For a month straight those plucky yellow heads stood shoulder to shoulder with their brothers and sisters to form a bright chenille-like afghan over field and lawn. As spring ripened into summer the yellow heads traded the flashy yellow petals of youth for refined downy crowns filled with progeny. I took multiple photos of the event, one of which I printed, colored with pencil, and glued into Sister Hogge's little book. I put it over a sea-scape I had tried to draw while I was in Wisconsin and the sea was so far away.

Page 4: Leaving Racine. We were supposed to be packing the car so I could get to transfer point. I made us late by stopping to take this photograph, which I colored-over for the book. It was such a pretty day! It started purple, moved through pink and orange, and finished the liquid gold of early Autumn.

Page 5: Fox River, Appleton. I've already told you about this picture (see previous post).

Top of the book: Lake Michigan. This is another colored-over photograph I took during early summer. "The sea is just a wetter version of the sky."