Tuesday, April 17

Sandy's Writing Class

Last term Sandy had a writing class.  She was going through some of the pieces, recording them for posterity, and read this one aloud to me.  Geneva, who is 8 now, wrote this one.  I really liked it, so I thought I'd share.

Relaxed 
by Geneva
 
Small
Tall
Shawl
Mall
Sometimes it fun to think of rhyming words
Calm
Quiet – but sometimes you can be quiet because you are surprised
Reverent – similar but not the same
The last time I was relaxed was when I was in the house and it was quiet.  But that almost never happens except at night.  That’s when it’s really lonely.  That’s when I usually go to bed because that’s when everyone else is in a different place but in the same house. Sometimes I wake up at 5 am and if I hear a creak I wake up at 4 am.  When it’s relaxed it’s quiet and there’s 2 people in the room or less.