Wednesday, January 1

Happy New Year!

I know.  It's such an original subject.  But you're going to be shocked at the originality of the photos and content.  OK.  Actually, you're not.  See because there are pictures of the ocean.  So new and different, right?  I just realized I let ALL of December go by without so much as a note.  Sorry.  I thought I'd do a Christmas newsletter, but then I realized I had nothing to report.  So then I thought I'd put up some beach pictures from a recent trip.  And then talked myself out of it because maybe you're bored of hearing about the ocean.  And then I tried to think of something I've been thinking about that I could talk about, but I got bored just thinking about it.  But I didn't want to let another month go by with nothing.  So it's pictures of the beach after all!  Yesterday I went to Bean Hollow with my friend, Connie, and her peeps.  The tide was -1.3', so it was a glorious day to investigate!  We saw a blonde-colored starburst anemone, a teeny-tiny starfish that fit on my fingertip, hundreds of sea urchins, sunning seals, and loads of cool sandstone formations.  I was pretty geeked.

Turns out this year is beginning in much the same way as the one before it:  in sun, sand, and salt water.

Ok.  Seriously.  Check out the other-worldliness of this place!  Isn't it amazing!

And this bit-- just like a pencil drawing!


ice plant, sea fig.  invasive, and pretty.