Tuesday, December 1

uke

A little while ago, while talking with a friend, I mentioned my interest in learning to play the ukulele. She said she happened to have a little uke in her closet that she would love for me to take off her hands. Always happy to help out a friend, I accepted her offering. D'you know, there're loads of free uke lessons on the interwebs? My personal favorites are by Cynthia Lin, she's been teaching me a lot! I prefer in-person education to interwebs education, but this method is hyper-local, and, well, free.  Know what I love best about it? Everything I play (even Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah song) sounds like an island party-- which is fine by me! Goodbye long, dark night! Peace-out pallid winter sun! I'm off to my happy island home where the sun is high in the sky, the color saturation is cranked to full, and I'm sportin' one fine lava-lava.

Only 22 more days until solstice. I think I'm gonna make it.