Ok. so it turns out I'll only get 30 min a week to email. I won't really have time to email everyone individually, and I won't have time to read emails much either. You can send me e-letters from dearelder.com (I don't know much about it, except that I can get letters all week long if you send them that way... Brian says it costs as much as a stamp does, requires an account and an address which we'll provide sometime soon.)
The first week has been really hard. Living with all these people-- young, young, young people-- has been tricky getting used to. The Sisters all giggle quite a lot, I've never been much of a giggler, and many of the Elders are border-line juvenile delingquents. My boss, Daniel, told me that I was going to have to be really patient with the Elders and Sisters, and that's something I knew going into it... but who knew it would be this intense? Ok... a lot of people knew it would be, but I wasn't among them.
That being said, my companion, Sister Springgay has been really cool. She's super-duper organized and really on top of her scripture mastery. I just say, "Where's the scripture about if your kid asks for bread you wouldn't give him a stone?" and she'll say, "3 Nephi 14:9-11." Just like that! It's almost as good as Christmas! I've been able to see over and over how there are not coincidences in Companion assignments.
My district at the MTC is made up of 10 missionaries, 4 Sisters and 6 Elders. I'm the only Sister going to Wisconsin, the rest are going to TX. There are 3 Elders going to WI with me. My District is amazing! They're all just kids, but they really believe in what they're doing. Two of the Elders are barely 19 (one had his birthday the day we got here), and the Sisters are barely 21. Sometimes I feel like an old lady, but we're all new at this whole MTC thing, so it feels ok.
I wish I explain how it feels to be here. It's really, really hard, but it's really, really right. It's not fun, and I wouldn't say I'm having a good time, but I really do LOVE it. Thanks to the Happy Vitamins I have a wider range of emotions, which means I cry here all the time. Such joy! It's a little like living at the Temple... Spiritually overwhelming. But I love it! I wish I could take a nap, though. All this spiritual stuff all the time is kind of exhausting.
I don't have much more time at the computer, so I'd better go. But I wanted you guys to know how much I love you! Give each other a hug for me. Pray for me. And send me some paper mail, or figure out that DearElder thing... I need to hear from you guys more than once a week, I think. I miss you!
LOVE YOU!!
No comments:
Post a Comment