Christmas is coming! WOO HOO! That means I get to call my family! Woo hoo! again!
Not a lot of earth-shattering news here in the Rhineland. We've got a new mission leader guy in Antigo. He's pretty geeked about working with us, and that's a nice change!... umm... what else. I saw a fox. Yup. A real live Mr. Fox booking it across the sparkley white snow. The snow here is really sparkely. Different than Utah snow. I think it's because it's colder here so the crystals form faster, which means they're more flat and mirror-like instead of fluffy and round like Utah snow. It's also a dryer snow, less water content per flake, than Utah snow, so the crystals are more uniform, resulting in super sparkely, well formed flakes. Yes. I've thought a lot about it. I've even enclosed a picture.
We had Zone Conference last week. It was pretty sweet. I got to give a suprise talk. Suprise! Sister Wilcox, will you speak on "Asking questions and listening?" Well, at least it was something I knew a little bit about. I thought it was a little strange for that to be a topic, and then I remembered that most missionaries are 19 year-old boys and they might not have had a chance to use their "asking questions and then listening to what people say" skills very much. It went well enough. It was fun to get to know the other missionaries as well. Up here in the frigid north we only see other missionaries about once a week, and that's the same 4 guys. It was good to get to know some of the others (including some other sister missionaries) while we were there.
Yesterday we had interviews with President and Sister Barrett (Mission Pres and wife). I'm not fired, yet. They'll keep me at least another transfer. Phrew. Actually, it went really well. Got some good direction, encouragement, and clarification. Good stuff.
I didn't take any pictures this week. We did A LOT of driving in our little truck to and fro, and I lived out of a duffle bag this week. Our area's a pretty big place, and we had a lot of ground to cover. I'm glad this week is over and the coming week we get to spend in our stinky little Rhinelander appartment. Our Christmas tree is mostly dead (we've been gone for a week and didn't water it), pine needles are all over the floor. Oops. It smelled really good when we vacuumed them all up, though!
I hope all of you are well and happy! Enjoy your Christmases, hug people, and have something warm to drink, eh? Thanks to everyone who has sent letters, packages, cards, and warm thoughts my way. It's good to hear how you're all doing, and it makes me feel not quite so far away.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!! LOVE YOU!
