there's so much to tell... not enough time... so you only get one short bit:
I met Elder Oaks. I even got to talk with him for a minute. I knew his wife before she was his wife (Kristin) because she came as a patient to the doctor's office I used to work in. She was very, very nice. That's about all I remember about her. And that's what I told him... I knew she wouldn't remember me, I was just the girl who took medical histories and blood pressures. I just wanted to tell him how much I liked her. He lit up like a Christmas tree! It was very sweet to see. I think he likes her quite a lot, too.
So the question of the day, is shaking the hand of an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ like shaking the hand of any other priesthood holder who honors his office and calling? Yes and no. I could feel that this man really did honor his office and calling. I knew that he was working to be what the Lord has asked him to be. I could feel his great love for the people and for his God. And that's what made it the same... and different.
When we learn and grow in our own spheres we increase our capacity to love. I am sure that my capacity to love is not the same as the Prophet's capacity to love, and is again not the same as the Lord's capacity to love. I just haven't had the same amount of stretching and growing that they have. That's the difference I felt with this good man. His love was really, really big. I could feel that love and see it in the way he shook hand after hand and tried to make each person feel like they were the only person in the room for a second or two. He was patient, kind, generous, and gentle. Yes. This was indeed a man of God.
We had a group picture taken with him. When that comes out I'll have Brian post it.
Love you!