The best color show of the day!
Good bye, Sun!
Good bye, Sun!
Ok. You know that scene in Dumb and Dumber when the two guys are traveling on the moped and their snot freezes? I have a new appreciation for that scene, that would only come through experience. The quantity of snot was entirely different, but the sentiment was the same. It's cold here. Very, very cold.
This last week has been quite the adventure. I wanted to lay down and die, and/or give up twice. But fortunately I have a great companion who wouldn't let me do either. We worked hard this week, but nobody wanted to hear what we had to say. Instead of the usual no thank yous we got get the hell off my porches... no fun. Especially when it's -8 F, you can't feel your hands, and the foot warmers in your boots have frozen. Ok. It wasn't quite that bad. The foot warmers were at least room temperature.
But after all that (sob, sob) we ended up with 4 new people who want us to teach them more. 4! That's a friggin' miracle! We get really excited about weeks where we find 1 new person to teach, so to find 4 is AMAZING! It also really balances the crap of the week quite nicely. Good thing I didn't give up and/or die.
Phrew.
So I'm not dead, yet. (A special thanks to all of you who have sent Christmas cards, etc. in the last month. I've read and re-read a few of them. You're all so hopeful and optomistic! I needed that this week.)
So Sister Bishop and I will head back to our proverbial Ammonihah this week, and hope that people will be nice. Our snot will still freeze in our heads, but if people are nice we hardly notice.
LOVE YOU!
sparkle-sparkle snow! And a leaf that somehow escaped the destruction.
Color!! Hooray!
You should feel cold just looking at that. Seeing the sun is a blessing and a curse. A blessing because if one can see the sun it means it still exists, and makes way for the hope that Spring will come again. A curse because if one can see the sun it means it's not snowing and that means it's colder than if there was cloud-cover.
cut corn in a field of snow.
Barn, cows... ya, ya, ya. But check the color of that light.





