Tuesday, May 25

Big News

Transfers are on Thursday! And guess who's training.... no guesses? Me. My Spanish-speaking companion is heading to one of my old areas, Appleton, and the not very much Spanish-speaker is staying here to preach and teach and do the things that missionaries do... in espanol. And the new companion, does she speak Spanish? You may well ask. Nope. Not a lick. Good times.

On the bright side, as long as I seek the Spirit I can't mess it all up too much. I'm excited for this new start. It's going to be hard, again, but atleast it will be a new kind of hard. I'm glad for some change.

How was the work this week? Not bad. Not bad at all. We found some new people to teach, and some new ideas to try. We're teaching more people who were already baptized, but forgot their covenants, and some people who haven't made any covenants yet, and even some who had their covenants taken away. It's quite a mix. Many of their needs are very different, but all have their roots as part of the same tree: the Atonement. Yup, everything else is an appendage.

On a tangent, tengo fotos!

This is the skirt Sandy and Mom made for me. Que bonita, no? Me gusta mucho. Also, please not the gigantic Relief Society bag. It was a gift from a lady we taught in Appleton. See how well it fits my scriptures (the English and Spanish sets... that's right, I carry around two sets of scriptures these days...)

last Saturday... on the way to soccer. It was a cold, but pretty, day.

This Saturday we had a ward picnic with the Racine English Ward. It was tons of fun. This little creek thing was behind the picnic tables, I thought it was pretty.

more of the lovely Wisconsin surroundings.

wild columbine

Alyssa the cheeseball. She was running wild and free, frolicking in the meadow. It's not the best shot ever, but you get the idea. We're teaching Alyssa and her family. Pretty cool, eh?

flor. no recuerdo el nombre de este flor.
flower. I don't remember the name of this flower.

dandelion puffs. man. love me some dandelion puffs.

Hermana Mazariegos y yo

merry-go-round!
Alyssa, kid in the ward Shawn, Elder Vialpando

Sister M, Heidi, Alyssa. I don't think Alyssa knew she was in the picture...
Heidi is the mom of Aaron who recently got baptized, and her boyfriend, Rick, is the dad of Alyssa. They're some cool people!

Alyssa, Rick, Sister M, Heidi

There ya go kids!