...why, you ask? Because I forgot my stinking camera. Dang.
Ok. Some good news this week:
1. Elder Lester's scarf is almost done (have I explained the scarf? I can't remember... explanation below.)
So the scarf is a result of my mission president and his wife suggesting that perhaps I could overcome some of my current depressive state by counting my blessings. Focus on the positive things happening. About the same time Elder Lester (my district leader and buddy from the MTC) asked if I'd knit a scarf (my knitting talents being accidentally discovered at a member's home one evening... she was working on a project and I picked up some scrap to "play".) So I started the scarf... and counting blessings... simultaneously. Every stitch was to be something I was grateful for. That pattern hasn't continued perfectly, some rows are just me thinking and sorting and pondering, but there are hundreds and hundreds of stitches of things I love, people I love, things I'm grateful for, and things that bring me joy. It was hard to begin, so the first several stitches were things like this: robin egg blue, Queen Anne's Lace, birds, green, coral pink... and on and on.
2. Mike is getting baptised! We found a goldy! Well, we didn't find him, he found us. And he's so excited to change. We set a baptismal date on the first lesson, at first he wasn't sure if he would know enough soon enough. Now, he wants to know if he can move it up. Amen, hallelujah! This will be our first baptism in Racine. First one! I've been here 7 months! WAHOO! Pretty incredible.
3. Sister Umhoefer has started temple prep classes! WOOT WOOT! Sister Gamble has been smoke free for a month, and will be starting the temple prep classes as well.
4. I'm beginning to feel human.
5. Transfers are on 9/30... staying? going? Just don't know...
Umm... that's all I can think of right now. There was something else, but I can't remember what it was.
We're going to the store today to buy Sister Durfee some cool weather wear. All she's got with her is summer stuff, and, well, it ain't summer no more, sister! No indeed. It's down into the 60's with no humidity. That feels down-right cold! I actually LOVE it. The leaves are starting to change. Along the road the fields are all being plowed and harvested. It's the end as we know it... it's only going to get colder from here... and darker. I'll try not to panic.
Well, dear-hearts. Better get a move on.
Thank you for all your prayers and your letters and everything.
I miss you all, and will see you in the Spring!