Monday, February 21

this week in Appleton...

There's a new exhibit at the Building For Kids, where we volunteer. Guess who it is! TOTORO!! Wahoo!

Totoro is sharing his umbrella. Nice, eh?

me on the catbus

Patty, Skeletor (in festive Chinese dress), Me, Becca
I heart Building for Kids.

During the summer months this is a happy little fountain where kids play. During the winter? A little tongue-in-cheek.

funny detail of a Japanese wood-block print at the museum. A little cheek in this one as well (heh heh heh).

Me!
This is my "I'm not really panicking yet" face. But don't listen to it, it's a liar-head. (Rail! That's for you, Brian). The truth is, I'm freaking out. See because, "What am I going to wear?!" And I don't really know how to explain what's going on... I'm thrilled to be coming home soon. I don't want to stay longer. Usually that's why missionaries freak out. But not me. So why am I breathing into a paper bag? Sigh... I don't know that there's time enough to explain. It sufficeth me to say that I'll be really glad when this is all over, I've been home a month or two, and I have plans for the future. Until then, don't believe a word that face says.