It's 18 days if you count today and March 17. If you don't count today, and you don't count March 17 (use your math skills here...) it's only 16 days. Now that's pretty cool!!
I learned a ton this week. I wish I had the brain power to explain it all to you. But this is what I learned (and I say this, truly in all humility and gratitude): I am a really, really good missionary! No really! I'm not even kidding. I wish I could properly explain how I learned all of this... Sorry, friends. But it involves a few scriptures:
Matthew 4:1-11
3 Nephi 18:18-20
Romans 8:37-39
Moroni 7:47, 48
Love, love, love. God's love. Great big true love. That's how He talks to us. If we pray with/for charity (love), we can feel His love for us. We feel that through the power of the Holy Ghost, which power is a purifier and sanctifier. It's through the power of God's word (love) that we can avoid temptation, enabling us to be more sensitive to the Holy Ghost which means there's even more love.
"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen."
And it all happens through the unabiding power of LOVE! And it's through that love that I learned a little more about who I really am and what I've done here. Cool, eh?
Well, there's more than that... that's only the tip of the ice-burg.
I was going to send some pictures, but the computer is behaving badly. So you all don't get any. Don't cry. You'll see my sunny face in about 2 weeks anyway. And isn't that better anyway? (the correct answer is yes, yes it is.)