Monday, January 3

Happy New Year!

Wanna know what we did for New Year's Eve? I painted about 300 kid's faces. Butterflies, Batman, Sponge Bob, puppies, kitties, and flowers of every color. It was a crazy, crazy day. Love me some Building For Kids. It's the local kid's museum. We volunteer each week in the Davinci studio. There's science stuff and art stuff up there. My kind of place. When they have special events we get to go play! Wahoo! So for hours and hours on New Year's Eve I painted and painted and painted. Sister Arnold dropped balloons (every hour on the hour), cut yarn for necklaces and who knows what else. Shenanigans! It was great. When it was all over at 5 p.m. we were beat. BEAT. We stopped at the store for some milk, and went home. Then we had ourselves some tasty left over meatloaf and smashed potatoes for dinner. I read a little. Sister Arnold wrote in her journal. We went to bed. That's one of the perks of New Year's in the beer state. We're encouraged to be off the streets early. Sweet. We were both out cold by 9:15. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

what's left of my face painting palet.


glitter. Not only does each kid get painted, they get glittered. Good times at Building For Kids!

This is what it looked like when we left. The streets deserted, an eerie fog... time to go home!

These are from Sister Arnold's camera, they actually go before the pictures I just sent you. I don't know what format they're in... good luck...

Sister Arnold and I before the party started

the BFK Davinci Studio. It's really way cooler than this... hard to tell in the picture, though.

Patty of the Davinci Studio. She's the woman behind all the madness. She's one of my favorite people in the whole world.


Here's me painting a butterfly on some sweet little kid. It's going to be a pink sparkly butterfly.